2nd International Software Craftsmanship and Testing Conference in Italy
25 - 27 May 2017, Rimini, Italy
What it is about
This event is about the sustainable creation of useful software in a responsible way.
It’s about People
Everyone who is concerned with coding, testing, code quality, software craftsmanship, if …
- you are passionate about software development and testing.
- you have already heard of Software Craftsmanship or even already are part of the growing community.
- you want to share your knowledge, experience and expertise.
It’s about Action
The event will be run as a non-profit, low-cost event. It will be much like a retreat. We will be there for 48 hours to collaborate and share ideas. There will be:
- Highly collaborative interactions
- A self-organized Open Space, with …
- hands-on coding sessions
- sessions focused on discussion
- interactive talks
- lots more
It’s about Fun
We will not only spend the days together but also the nights. And – believe it or not – programmers are a great company! There will be be lots of opportunities to spend your time. Starting with simple chilling over hiking and biking, playing games, hanging around, talking, laughing, …
The conference starts at 5pm on Thursday, May 25th 2017. This is the time to get to know new faces or meet old friends, have some drinks at the bar, explore the surrounding area etc.
Starting around 6pm the hotel will serve a buffet so that even people who arrived a little later will get something to eat.
Later around 7.30pm we will officially start the conference with a World Café, to help kickstart everyone into a great conference experience.
Friday is completely reserved for a full-day Open Space.
We start the marketplace at 9am and the first sessions will start around 10.30am. The last session timeslot ends at 6pm, which is also the time we all meet again in the marketplace room for a joint retrospective of the day.
Around 7pm dinner is available for around 2h, so everyone can start into the evening at their own pace. Of course there’s lots of room for shared evening activities like board games, making music, hacking or just talking and having fun.
Saturday is also completely reserved for a full-day Open Space.
We start the marketplace again at 9am and the first sessions will start around 10.30am too. The last session timeslot ends at 4.30pm. After that we again all meet for the closing of the conference and a retrospective of the two days. The closing of the conference will most likely end around 5.30pm.
Participants are free to come back home.
Open Space means there is no agenda, or rather: you set the agenda. This is your time, make the best of it! For ideas about what you can do in advance have a look at this article.
Facilitation will be in English. However, it will be possible to run sessions in other languages.
Participants organize evening activities. In other events like this one there were a multitude of things going on in the evenings, from music, over board games to live-hacking programs. And of course there’s always plenty of people to just talk to, or continue discussions from the day.
HOTEL SPORTING RIMINI
The address: Viale Amerigo Vespucci, 20, 47921 Rimini RN, Italia
Directions to SoCraTes Venue
- Ancona’s International Airport – Falconara ( www.anconaairport.com )
- Bologna’s International Airport “G. Marconi” ( www.bologna-airport.it )
- Forlì’s Airport ( www.aeroportodiforli.com )
- Rimini’s International Airport “F. Fellini” ( www.riminiairport.com )
Here are some predefined trips that might suit you:
Trenitalia - for info: 892021 www.trenitalia.com
Some of the venue’s rooms are twin rooms. An important aspect of SoCraTes is its closedness where everything happens in the same location. Therefore, we can only accept as many participants as there are beds available.
When you register, you can let us know whom you’d be willing to share a room with. Even if you don’t know anybody just yet, we will do all we can to find a suitable roommate for you.
A primary goal of SoCraTes conference is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible.
As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, programming language, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
And so we invite all those who participate in the SoCraTes conference and the community surrounding the conference to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
- Be welcoming, friendly, and patient.
- Be respectful. Not all of us will agree with each other all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior and poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack.
- Be aware of the effect your words may have on others. We are a community of professionals, and we conduct ourselves professionally. Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment and other exclusionary behavior aren’t acceptable.
This code of conduct applies to the SoCraTes conference itself and to all digital spaces that are related to the SoCraTes conference, such as the wiki and mailing list.
These values are inspired by the following works.
- Django Code of Conduct
- Citizenship Code of Conduct
Please leave your email here to let us know you would like to attendee SoCraTes-IT 2017
The cost will be:
|Double for single use||256€ + conference services + city tax|
|Double room||206€ + conference services + city tax|
Total quota to be divided for conferences’ service is 2.928,00 €.
- if we’ll be sold out (60 participants), quota will be 48.80€
- if we’ll be in 40 we’ll pay 73,20€
You will be asked to pay your quota at the checkout.
- CodeFreeze 15 - 19 Jan 2017 , Kiilopaa, Finland
- SoCraTes Conference Switzerland 9 - 12 Mar 2017, Ftan, Switzerland
- SoCraTes Canaries 6 - 9 Apr 2017, Gran Canaria, Spain
- I T.A.K.E. Unconference 11 - 12 May 2017, Bucharest, Romania
- SoCraTes UK 15 - 18 June 2017, Dorking, England
- SoCraTes Chile 1 July 2016, Santiago de Chile
- SoCraTes Day Switzerland September 2017, Zurich, Switzerland
- SoCraTes BE 9 - 12 Nov 2017, La Roche-en-Ardenne, Belgium
- JS CraftCamp 21 - 22 July 2017, Munich, Germany
- SoCraTes 24 - 27 Aug 2017, Soltau, Germany
- SoCraTes France 26 - 29 Oct 2017, Rochegude, France
- SoCraTes Days Linz 20-21 Oct 2017, Linz, Austria